STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford-based Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy (ACGT) recently received a $460,000 donation from Swim Across America.
Swim Across America is a national nonprofit dedicated to raising money for cancer research. ACGT is a nonprofit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
President, co-founder and Barbara Netter, a Greenwich resident, and the foundation’s board of directors and Scientific Advisory Council have helped ACGT provide $24 million in grants since 2001, funding research and clinical trials that have saved lives, representatives said.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 3 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 4 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'
- 5 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose