STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford-based Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy (ACGT) recently received a $460,000 donation from Swim Across America.
Swim Across America is a national nonprofit dedicated to raising money for cancer research. ACGT is a nonprofit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
President, co-founder and Barbara Netter, a Greenwich resident, and the foundation’s board of directors and Scientific Advisory Council have helped ACGT provide $24 million in grants since 2001, funding research and clinical trials that have saved lives, representatives said.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued