STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford-based Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy (ACGT) recently received a $460,000 donation from Swim Across America.
Swim Across America is a national nonprofit dedicated to raising money for cancer research. ACGT is a nonprofit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
President, co-founder and Barbara Netter, a Greenwich resident, and the foundation’s board of directors and Scientific Advisory Council have helped ACGT provide $24 million in grants since 2001, funding research and clinical trials that have saved lives, representatives said.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made