STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford-based Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy (ACGT) recently received a $460,000 donation from Swim Across America.
Swim Across America is a national nonprofit dedicated to raising money for cancer research. ACGT is a nonprofit dedicated exclusively to cell and gene therapies for cancer.
President, co-founder and Barbara Netter, a Greenwich resident, and the foundation’s board of directors and Scientific Advisory Council have helped ACGT provide $24 million in grants since 2001, funding research and clinical trials that have saved lives, representatives said.
- 1 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 2 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 3 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 4 Teacher In Student Sex Case May Face Allegations Involving Stamford High
- 5 Severe Thunderstorm Watch Is In Effect In Stamford