STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Ferguson Library is set to host several programs in March.
All of the programs are supported by the Friends of The Ferguson Library. For information call 203-351-8242. The library is at 1 Public Library Plaza in Stamford.
The following is a list of programs at the Ferguson Library for during the month of March:
- St. Patrick’s Day Storycraft Saturday, March 8, at 11 a.m. Main Library Third Floor Auditorium. Celebrate the wearin’ o’ the green as the library shares some of its favorite books about St. Patrick’s Day. Then make a hat you can wear at the parade. Ages 3 ½ to 8. Families welcome.
- Women Trailblazers Wednesday, March 12 at 4 p.m. South End Branch. In honor of Women’s History Month, make a collage celebrating women who made a difference. All ages.
- Saturday Storycraft, March 15, at 10:30 a.m. South End Branch. Stories and crafts. Ages 3 – 7.
- Wii Wednesday, March 19 at 3 p.m. Main Library Lower Level Program Room. Play a selection of Wii Games. Ages 6-10.
- Early Release Day Children’s Film. Friday, March 21 at 3 p.m. Main Library Third Floor Auditorium. "Frozen," Disney’s award-nominated retelling of Hans Christian Anderson’s "The Snow Queen." Rated PG. 102 minutes. Ages 5 and up
- Mime Time! Friday, March 21 at 4 p.m. Harry Bennett Branch. See Robert Rivest transform an empty stage into pure hilarity through physical comedy and a zany cast of characters. Kindergarten to adult. Registration strongly recommended. Call 203-351-8294.
- Sing Me a Story. Saturday, March 22 at 10:30 a.m. Weed Memorial & Hollander Branch. The Ferguson's Dr. Ev leads a morning of music and movement. Ages 3 - 8 with a participating caregiver.
- Kids’ Book Discussion. Thursday, March 27 at 7 p.m. Main Library Lower Level Program Room. "Closed for the Season" by Mary Downing Hahn. When two friends try to solve a murder they encounter an abandoned Magic Forest amusement park, a secretive reporter, shady property developers, a menacing convict, and stolen library materials. Grades 3 and up. To register call 203-351-8242 or drop in to pick up a copy of the book. Refreshments and door prizes.
- After-School Fun. Friday, March 28 at 4:15 p.m. Harry Bennett Branch. Fairies. Usher in the spring with stories about fairies and a fantastical craft. Grades K-3. Registration required.
- Family Program. The Wave: Make a Splash Family Storytime. Saturday, March 29 at 2 p.m. Main Library Third Floor Auditorium Enjoy some of the favorite stories about water as we celebrate the installation of THE WAVE, a community art project in the library.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store
- 5 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train