STAMFORD, Conn. — Marilyn Kusek, a registered nurse from Stamford, was honored for her work with senior citizens at Atria Darien.
Kusek was the first recipient of the Martha Everett Meng Lifetime Achievement Award, which was given out by the Connecticut Assisted Living Association at its annual meeting last week, the statement said.
The Stamford resident, who will retire in 2013, has spent her entire career helping senior citizens, most recently at Atria Darien as nurse supervisor and resident care director, the statement said. Kusek also has worked with the Connecticut Assisted Living Association with developing professional courses and as a board member.
Meng, whom the award is named after, was the founding secretary of the organization and considered a national expert in the field. She died in February.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say
- 5 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening