STAMFORD, Conn. — Marilyn Kusek, a registered nurse from Stamford, was honored for her work with senior citizens at Atria Darien.
Kusek was the first recipient of the Martha Everett Meng Lifetime Achievement Award, which was given out by the Connecticut Assisted Living Association at its annual meeting last week, the statement said.
The Stamford resident, who will retire in 2013, has spent her entire career helping senior citizens, most recently at Atria Darien as nurse supervisor and resident care director, the statement said. Kusek also has worked with the Connecticut Assisted Living Association with developing professional courses and as a board member.
Meng, whom the award is named after, was the founding secretary of the organization and considered a national expert in the field. She died in February.
- 1 Dogs Attack Stamford Woman And Her Labrador At Tilley Pond Park
- 2 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 3 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 4 Man Charged With Attacking Wife , Swinging Ax Over Her Head In Stamford
- 5 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items