STAMFORD, Conn. — Marilyn Kusek, a registered nurse from Stamford, was honored for her work with senior citizens at Atria Darien.
Kusek was the first recipient of the Martha Everett Meng Lifetime Achievement Award, which was given out by the Connecticut Assisted Living Association at its annual meeting last week, the statement said.
The Stamford resident, who will retire in 2013, has spent her entire career helping senior citizens, most recently at Atria Darien as nurse supervisor and resident care director, the statement said. Kusek also has worked with the Connecticut Assisted Living Association with developing professional courses and as a board member.
Meng, whom the award is named after, was the founding secretary of the organization and considered a national expert in the field. She died in February.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield