STAMFORD, Conn. — Marilyn Kusek, a registered nurse from Stamford, was honored for her work with senior citizens at Atria Darien.
Kusek was the first recipient of the Martha Everett Meng Lifetime Achievement Award, which was given out by the Connecticut Assisted Living Association at its annual meeting last week, the statement said.
The Stamford resident, who will retire in 2013, has spent her entire career helping senior citizens, most recently at Atria Darien as nurse supervisor and resident care director, the statement said. Kusek also has worked with the Connecticut Assisted Living Association with developing professional courses and as a board member.
Meng, whom the award is named after, was the founding secretary of the organization and considered a national expert in the field. She died in February.
- 1 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 2 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Stamford
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Stamford Man Gets 12 Years In Prison For Impregnating Preteen