STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford native Peter G. Helie has received the 2013 Springfield College Distinguished Alumnus Award.
The award is given annually to recognize professional excellence and outstanding service to one's community, state and/or nation. Helie received the award at the Springfield College Athletic Hall of Fame and Awards Dinner held at the Cleveland E. and Phyllis B. Dodge Room in the Richard B. Flynn Campus Union as part of the college’s homecoming celebration.
Helie started his 21-year career with William Pitt Real Estate, where he worked his way up to vice president, president and eventually partner of the company after graduating from Springfield College in 1972. In 1995, Helie was recognized as the Genesis Relocation and Real Estate Services Broker of the Year.
"(Helie) continued his success in real estate in 1997 when he was named chairman and CEO of Prudential Connecticut Realty," a press release said. "During his tenure, the company expanded to 52 offices in Connecticut and Rhode Island, and he founded the Vision Group, a group of the country’s leading real estate companies ranked first or second in their marketplace.
"In 2000, Helie was the recipient of the Broker of the Year award given out by Prudential Real Estate and Relocation Services for his leadership and philanthropic efforts."
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety