STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Museum & Nature Center will host its annual Spring on the Farm Festival Weekend.
Reckson, a Division of SL Green Realty Corp., will present the festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 17, and Sunday, May 18.
"Join us for this fun weekend on the farm and meet the newest additions to the Heckscher Farm family," a press release said. "Watch as our flock of sheep gets its annual shearing and learn about what happens with their wooly coats. See firsthand how to turn wool into felt or yarn, among a variety of other hands-on demonstrations."
The event promises activities for all ages, including llama trekking, face painting, crafts, live music, a plant and herb sale. Works by members of the Loft Artists Association will be featured in "Art on the Meadow" and available for purchase.
There will be an assortment of local food trucks with food for sale, including Cowabunga, LobsterCraft, The Local Meatball, Maddy's Food Truck, Melt Mobile, Mister Softee, Skinny Pines and Skip's Ice Cream.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is located at 39 Scofieldtown Road in Stamford.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border