STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Museum & Nature Center will host its annual Spring on the Farm Festival Weekend.
Reckson, a Division of SL Green Realty Corp., will present the festival from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 17, and Sunday, May 18.
"Join us for this fun weekend on the farm and meet the newest additions to the Heckscher Farm family," a press release said. "Watch as our flock of sheep gets its annual shearing and learn about what happens with their wooly coats. See firsthand how to turn wool into felt or yarn, among a variety of other hands-on demonstrations."
The event promises activities for all ages, including llama trekking, face painting, crafts, live music, a plant and herb sale. Works by members of the Loft Artists Association will be featured in "Art on the Meadow" and available for purchase.
There will be an assortment of local food trucks with food for sale, including Cowabunga, LobsterCraft, The Local Meatball, Maddy's Food Truck, Melt Mobile, Mister Softee, Skinny Pines and Skip's Ice Cream.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is located at 39 Scofieldtown Road in Stamford.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford