STAMFORD, Conn. — The Cold Spring Road median between High Ridge and Long Ridge roads is no longer vacant. Three red oak trees, as well as grass and shrubbery, were planted there Wednesday.
The project was a joint effort among the Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, the city of Stamford and the Bull’s Head branch of Bank of America, a statement said. More than 20 volunteers participated in Wednesday’s planting efforts.
“At Bank of America, we are committed to creating meaningful change in the communities we serve,” Michael Bujas, vice president of the bank branch, said in the statement. “Bank of America has called this location home for decades and is proud to be able to assist the city in their beautification project.”
“It is great to see so many volunteers assembling to bring a ‘return to green’ message to the city,” Peter Saverine, executive director of Bartlett, said in the statement.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Single-Family Home Price Climbs 5.1 Percent In Stamford