STAMFORD, Conn. — The Cold Spring Road median between High Ridge and Long Ridge roads is no longer vacant. Three red oak trees, as well as grass and shrubbery, were planted there Wednesday.
The project was a joint effort among the Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens, the city of Stamford and the Bull’s Head branch of Bank of America, a statement said. More than 20 volunteers participated in Wednesday’s planting efforts.
“At Bank of America, we are committed to creating meaningful change in the communities we serve,” Michael Bujas, vice president of the bank branch, said in the statement. “Bank of America has called this location home for decades and is proud to be able to assist the city in their beautification project.”
“It is great to see so many volunteers assembling to bring a ‘return to green’ message to the city,” Peter Saverine, executive director of Bartlett, said in the statement.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects