STAMFORD, CONN. -- Fran Becker, a licensed clinical social worker and manager of cancer support services at Stamford Hospital's Bennett Cancer Center, has received the 2013 Oncology Social Worker of the Year Award from the Association of Oncology Social Work.
The award recognizes an oncology social worker who provides exemplary commitment to the delivery of compassionate patient care. Becker received the award at the opening session of the association's annual conference in June.
Becker is responsible for all of the supportive programs and services the Bennett Cancer Center offers to its patients and their families. Her duties include providing all individual, family and group counseling services, developing and coordinating all patient and family educational programs, managing the center's integrative medicine program and transitions survivorship program, coordinating the center's annual survivorship conference and producing the quarterly patient newsletter, "In Touch."
Becker received her asters of Science degree in social work from Columbia University. Before joining the Bennett Cancer Center, she served as the coordinator of bereavement services for the Center for Hope in Darien and was a social worker at Norwalk Hospital.
- 1 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director