STAMFORD, Conn. - Want to get a taste of the medical school experience? Stamford Hospital will host a spring semester of its Mini Medical School on Wednesdays from April 23 through May 28.
The classes will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Tully Health Center Brace Auditorium, 32 Strawberry Hill Court, Stamford.
Each of the six weekly lectures is free and open to the public. The program offers information focused on each topic, including the anatomy, function, common disease states and available treatments. All participating physicians are board-certified and considered leaders in their fields.
“Our physicians present an exciting series of lectures and demonstrations to a diverse group of students in a language that everyone can understand,” said Dr. Henry Yoon, family physician and director of the Mini Med School Program at Stamford Hospital. “The Mini Medical School program offers a unique learning opportunity, whether someone comes to one lecture or all six. It is an excellent way for our physicians to connect with the community and offer a dynamic introduction to the world of medicine and health.”
The schedule for Mini Medical School is as follows:
- April 23 - Dan O’Hare, PhD, on medical ethics and advanced directives
- April 30 - Dr. Omar Ibrahimi on dermatology
- May 7 - Dr. Michael Parry on infectious diseases
- May 14 - Dr. Anne Angevine on blood disorders and cancer
- May 21 - Dr. Gary Besser on gynecology
- May 28 - Dr. Jacquelyn Brewer on conditions of the ear, nose and throat (otolaryngology)
Registration is required and seats are limited. For more information and to register go to: www.stamfordhospital.org and click on Calendar of Events & Classes, or call 877.233.WELL (9355).
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 3 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose
- 4 Stamford Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Stamford Ranked Among Best Small To Midsize Cities In America