STAMFORD, Conn. -- SoundWaters annual volunteer Make a Difference Day is set for Saturday, May 17 in Stamford.
SoundWaters annual volunteer Make a Difference Day will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 17 at the Coastal Education Center at Cove Island Park in Stamford. The event includes activities for children and adults to connect with Long Island Sound.
SoundWaters protects Long Island Sound through education and action.
"The centerpiece is a volunteer clean-up throughout the park, along the coast, or while canoeing on Holly Pond during guided ecology tours," representatives said. "This year volunteers can also learn about the animals, habitats and health of the Sound by sampling and testing water quality; using nets to catch plankton and study them under a microscope in the SoundWaters Learning Lab; examining live marine animals from the SoundWaters Teaching Aquarium; and helping feed the fish."
SoundWaters is partnering with the Ferguson Library, which is sending its Bookmobile for volunteers to obtain library cards and check out books, according to the release.
For more information or to sign up, residents can visit the SoundWaters website, email email@example.com or call 203-406-3302.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola