Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

neighbors

Shelton Rallies For Neighborhood Helper Burned In A Garage Explosion

Joe Tremblay of Shelton was badly burned in a garage fire.
Joe Tremblay of Shelton was badly burned in a garage fire. Photo Credit: GoFundMe
Joe Tremblay of Shelton was badly burned in a garage fire.
Joe Tremblay of Shelton was badly burned in a garage fire. Photo Credit: GoFundMe

SHELTON, Conn. — Joe Tremblay of Shelton suffered severe burns to his hands and face when a garage he worked in exploded and caught fire last week, and now needs the community's help on his road to recovery.

Tremblay's garage at his home on Edgewood Avenue caught fire on Thursday night. Firefighters arrived on the scene at around 8:45 p.m. and treated him at the scene before taking him to the Burn Unit at Bridgeport Hospital, where he is recovering.

Related story: Shelton man suffers burns after fire breaks out in garage

A GoFundMe campaign has now been set up to help Tremblay in his time of need.

"Joey is that neighborhood guy that helps everyone, fixes everything and is such an amazing person. The neighbors refer to him as the Neighborhood Helper and their saving grace," wrote Cortney Sileo, who set up the GoFundMe for Tremblay."

"Everything he has used to help everyone and be the helpful man he is has been burned in this fire. We are asking for your support with his medical expenses through this difficult time and to hopefully get some of the stuff he lost in this fire."

Sileo wrote that Tremblay is doing okay, and is scheduled to undergo surgery on Monday for his skin on his arms and hands.

As of Monday morning, $2,268 of the $5,000 goal had been raised for Tremblay.

Click here to support the GoFundMe campaign.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.