STAMFORD, Conn. – Kayak and paddleboard rentals are returning to Stamford for the summer, starting on Thursday, May 22, and running through Labor Day weekend.
The Young Mariners Foundation announced that single or double kayaks and stand-up paddleboards will be available for rent this summer. This is the second season rentals have been offered.
The rentals begin Thursday, May 22, from 4 to 7 p.m. for a preview day. Starting Friday, May 23, through Labor Day, the hours will be noon to 6 p.m. Fridays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays.
The Young Mariners is located on the Harbor Point waterfront, north of Ponus Yacht Club and opposite the Crab Shell restaurant.
Life jackets, Porta-Potties and free parking are provided.
The on-the-water activities are suitable for individuals, families and groups. Have fun, gain a greater appreciation of the Long Island Sound and help the Young Mariners Foundation, which works to close the achievement gap by serving underserved and at-risk students in Stamford and Greenwich.
You should bring water bottle, sunscreen, sunglasses with straps, hat or visor, water shoes and a dry bag to store cellphone, keys and other items.
For prices, more information and to make reservations, visit the website for the Young Mariners Foundation.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report