STAMFORD, Conn. -- Linda McMahon, co-founder and former chief executive officer of WWE, will be the keynote speaker at a Women's History Month event on Thursday, March 20, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Safavieh Home Furnishings in Stamford.
At the event, McMahon will award $4,000 in "Ladies Making History" grants to four women who have innovative ideas and are looking to grow their businesses.
McMahon co-founded WWE with her husband, Vince. She helped grow WWE from a 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 700 employees.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of three businesswomen and will be awarded by Linda McMahon at the event.
Safavieh Home Furnishings is at 230 Atlantic St. in Stamford.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Stamford Man Found With Images On Computer Faces Child Porn Charges
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say