STAMFORD, Conn. -- Linda McMahon, co-founder and former chief executive officer of WWE, will be the keynote speaker at a Women's History Month event on Thursday, March 20, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Safavieh Home Furnishings in Stamford.
At the event, McMahon will award $4,000 in "Ladies Making History" grants to four women who have innovative ideas and are looking to grow their businesses.
McMahon co-founded WWE with her husband, Vince. She helped grow WWE from a 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 700 employees.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of three businesswomen and will be awarded by Linda McMahon at the event.
Safavieh Home Furnishings is at 230 Atlantic St. in Stamford.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal