STAMFORD, Conn. -- Linda McMahon, co-founder and former chief executive officer of WWE, will be the keynote speaker at a Women's History Month event on Thursday, March 20, from 6 to 8 p.m. at Safavieh Home Furnishings in Stamford.
At the event, McMahon will award $4,000 in "Ladies Making History" grants to four women who have innovative ideas and are looking to grow their businesses.
McMahon co-founded WWE with her husband, Vince. She helped grow WWE from a 13-person operation to a publicly traded global enterprise with more than 700 employees.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of three businesswomen and will be awarded by Linda McMahon at the event.
Safavieh Home Furnishings is at 230 Atlantic St. in Stamford.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director