STAMFORD, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Stamford’s Sandra Diaz-Twine!
Sandra Diaz-Twine who has owned a home in Stamford turns 40 on Wednesday. The television personality was born July 30, 1974, in Stamford, Conn.
Diaz-Twine is known for her appearances on the reality game show "Survivor." She won both seasons she appeared on, "Survivor: Pearl Islands" and "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains."
She became the first and to date only contestant to have won "Survivor" twice. The $2,000,000 in prize money (combined from both seasons) is the most money ever won by a woman in an American television contest.
In 2013, Diaz-Twine was in the audience of an episode of "Dr. Phil" to support her friend and fellow "Survivor" winner, Todd Herzog, who was struggling with alcoholism.
She is currently working as a secretary for a law firm in Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute