STAMFORD, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Stamford’s Sandra Diaz-Twine!
Sandra Diaz-Twine who has owned a home in Stamford turns 40 on Wednesday. The television personality was born July 30, 1974, in Stamford, Conn.
Diaz-Twine is known for her appearances on the reality game show "Survivor." She won both seasons she appeared on, "Survivor: Pearl Islands" and "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains."
She became the first and to date only contestant to have won "Survivor" twice. The $2,000,000 in prize money (combined from both seasons) is the most money ever won by a woman in an American television contest.
In 2013, Diaz-Twine was in the audience of an episode of "Dr. Phil" to support her friend and fellow "Survivor" winner, Todd Herzog, who was struggling with alcoholism.
She is currently working as a secretary for a law firm in Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl