DARIEN, Conn. -- Stamford native Christopher Buckley, a satirist and New York Times best-selling author, will appear at Barrett Bookstore in Darien to promote his new book of essays, "But Enough About You."
Buckley's appearance will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, May 22. He will read from and sign copies of his new book.
The wide-ranging selection of essays in "But Enough About You" has been praised as "both deeply informed and deeply funny" by the Wall Street Journal.
"Reading these essays is the equivalent of being in the company of a tremendously witty and enlightening companion," said a press release from Barrett Bookstore.
His books include "God Is My Broker," "Thank You for Smoking," "Little Green Men," "The White House Mess," "No Way to Treat a First Lady," "Wet Work," "Florence of Arabia," "Boomsday," "Supreme Courtship," "Losing Mum and Pup: A Memoir" and "They Eat Puppies, Don't They?: A Novel." He is the son of William F. Buckley Jr. and Patricia Buckley.
Wine and refreshments will be served. RSVP to reserve a seat at 655-2712 or by email at email@example.com.
Barrett Bookstore is in the Noroton Heights Shopping Center at 314 Heights Road in Darien. For more information, visit barrettbookstore.com. The event is free to attend.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Stamford Teen Dances Role Of Sugar Plum Fairy In 'Nutcracker'
- 5 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday