FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, is ranking Connecticut as the ninth safest state to live in.
WalletHub compared each of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 26 different metrics. The data is broken down into categories that include workplace safety, emergency preparedness, home and community stability, traffic safety and financial security.
Connecticut finished in the Top 10 in driving safety (fifth) and workplace safety (sixth). The Nutmeg state was also in the top half of the rankings in financial safety (18th), natural disasters (18th) and home and community safety (16th).
Massachusetts was ranked No. 1, overall, just ahead of New Hampshire. Neighboring Rhode Island came in sixth while New York ranked 10th and New Jersey was 13th.
Nevada was ranked last in overall safety, coming in 51st in the survey.
- 1 Author Polacco To Visit Elementary Kids In Stamford
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Stamford
- 4 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation