FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, is ranking Connecticut as the ninth safest state to live in.
WalletHub compared each of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 26 different metrics. The data is broken down into categories that include workplace safety, emergency preparedness, home and community stability, traffic safety and financial security.
Connecticut finished in the Top 10 in driving safety (fifth) and workplace safety (sixth). The Nutmeg state was also in the top half of the rankings in financial safety (18th), natural disasters (18th) and home and community safety (16th).
Massachusetts was ranked No. 1, overall, just ahead of New Hampshire. Neighboring Rhode Island came in sixth while New York ranked 10th and New Jersey was 13th.
Nevada was ranked last in overall safety, coming in 51st in the survey.
- 1 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 2 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 3 Stamford Announces Musical Lineup For Alive@Five Concerts
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate