STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford native and dance enthusiast Mickela Mallozzi's new television show, "Bare Feet," will debut on the New York City Life channel on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m.
The show follows Mallozzi as she travels the globe uncovering the dance and music culture of every place she visits.
In the series premiere, Mallozzi visits her family's hometown of Minturno, Italy, to discover her roots through the local dance and music during the town’s annual wheat harvest festival (La Sagra Delle Regne).
"Being from the tri-state area, it’s a dream come true to have my community join me on these cultural adventures every week," Mallozzi said in a statement. "The series premiere in Italy is where my journey begins, starting with my family’s culture. From there, I continue my journey experiencing the world, one dance at a time."
Highlights of the first season of "Bare Feet" include the following:
- Dancing tango on the main stage of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Experiencing the Silk Road traditions at the Asrlar Sadosi Festival in Uzbekistan.
- Clogging and flat-footing along the Crooked Road Trail of Virginia.
Irish dancing in Dublin with the principal dancers of
- Mastering the traditional bomba y plena rhythms of Puerto Rico.
Mallozzi is the host, producer, and creator of Bare Feet, a travel/dance series that originated online in 2010. She was an assistant to one of the world’s most famous metal rock bands, Slipknot before quitting her job to start a journey around the world to follow dance in the lives of everyday people wherever she went.
Mallozzi has been featured in The New York Times, American Express, Dance Magazine and Yahoo! Travel. She has also performed on various television shows including "Sesame Street," "The Doctor Oz Show," and TBS’s "Movie and a Makeover."
New York City Life can be found in metropolitan New York, including parts of Connecticut and New Jersey on Cablevision on channel 22 and on channel 25 for Comcast, RCN, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOs.
The show will also rebroadcast Sunday mornings at 2:30 a.m.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects