STAMFORD, Conn. -- A new study by finance magazine Kiplinger's has ranked Stamford as the fifth-most expensive city in America to live in.
Stamford was included on the list, alongside much larger cities such as New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
The study reported that Stamford has a median household income of $76,797 and a median home value of $537,300.
Stamford is is ranked as expensive because of the high cost of living, which ranges from 8 percent to 27 percent above average. Housing costs alone are nearly double the national average, according to the report.
As expensive as Stamford is, however, it's more affordable than living in the most expensive city on the list, New York, to which many Stamford residents commute.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Stole Truck, Then Returned It
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk