STAMFORD, Conn. -- A new study by finance magazine Kiplinger's has ranked Stamford as the fifth-most expensive city in America to live in.
Stamford was included on the list, alongside much larger cities such as New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
The study reported that Stamford has a median household income of $76,797 and a median home value of $537,300.
Stamford is is ranked as expensive because of the high cost of living, which ranges from 8 percent to 27 percent above average. Housing costs alone are nearly double the national average, according to the report.
As expensive as Stamford is, however, it's more affordable than living in the most expensive city on the list, New York, to which many Stamford residents commute.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts