STAMFORD, Conn. -- Downtown Stamford will be rocking this summer with Wednesday Nite Live, a series of concerts formerly called Jazz-Up July.
The lineup, announced Thursday, stars:
- July 6 : The Temptations.
- July 13 : The 5th Dimension.
- July 20 : George Benson.
- July 27 : Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo.
The Stamford Downtown Service District has rebranded the annual event to attract a wider audience with more diverse musical offerings.
The concerts, presented by Morgan Stanley and the Stamford Town Center, will take place at 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Columbus Park.
The park is located near the intersection of Washington Boulevard and Main Street.
Things the district says you should know before you go:
- Entrance fee : $10. Folks ages 12 and younger are admitted free.
- Crowd control : Stamford police have reserved the right to limit entry if the crowd gets too big.
- Alcohol : Photo ID is required to purchase alcohol. An ID can be a valid and current motor vehicle operator’s license, identity card issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, or a passport along with another form of photo ID with date of birth.
- Access : No one will be allowed into the concert area through the back doors of restaurants, bars or offices. Everyone must enter through the main entrance on Main Street just east of Clark and Lower Summer Streets. There are multiple entry portals.
- Chairs and coolers : Allowed, but subject to search.
- Restricted item s: Glass (bottles, etc.), bicycles, skateboards, weapons, firearms and illegal substances of any kind. Also not allowed are cameras with detachable lenses and video cameras or recording devices of any kind.
- Rain Venue : Palace Theatre, 61 Atlantic St., Stamford.