STAMFORD, Conn. — The annual UBS Parade Spectacular will kick off Sunday in downtown Stamford. Here is everything you need to know if you will be attending the event.
Start Time: Noon.
Grand Marshals: Stamford’s Hurricane Sandy Heroes
Master of Ceremonies: Alan Kalter of “The Late Show With David Letterman”
Parade Route: Starts on Summer Street, at the Hoyt Street intersection, and goes south, then turns east on Broad Street, and heads south on Atlantic, ending at the Federal Street intersection.
Viewing Areas: There are five stage areas with MCs broadcasting information to viewers set up along the parade route. They are at the beginning of the parade, Summer and Spring streets, Bedford and Broad streets, Old Town Hall, and the main stage at Tresser Boulevard and Atlantic Street. There will also be a viewing area set up at Veterans Park, and people can bring their own chairs to line the streets.
First Aid & Lost Kids: Next to the Ferguson Library on Bedford Street. There will also be several locations where Emergency Medical Services sets up at the beginning of the parade route and at the Summer and Broad streets intersection.
Free Parking: UConn Garage, Bedford Street Garage, Bell Street Garage, Summer Street Garage, Stamford Government Center, Stamford Town Center, Stamford High School and Scalzi Park. Vehicles more than 6 feet, 5 inches tall can park at the Stamford Town Center, but have to enter through the Broad Street entrance before 11 a.m. or the Tresser Boulevard entrance before 11:30 a.m.
▪ Hoyt Street will be closed from Bedford Street to Washington Boulevard from 8 a.m. to the end of the parade.
▪ Broad Street will be closed from Greyrock Place to Washington Boulevard from 9:30 a.m. to the end of the parade, with limited access for parking from the westbound side.
▪ Summer Street: All lanes will be closed from Bridge Street to Broad Street from 8 a.m. to end of the parade and from Broad Street from Main from two-directional traffic from 9 a.m. until the end of the parade.
▪ Atlantic Street will be closed from Broad Street to Bell Street from 9:30 a.m. to the end of the parade and from North State Street to Bell Street from 7:30 a.m. to the end of the parade.
▪ Tresser Boulevard will be closed from Greyrock Place to Washington Boulevard from 7:30 a.m. to the end of the parade, with exceptions from the westbound lane from the Stamford Town Center and 300 Atlantic St. for parking.
▪ Federal Street will be closed from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director