STAMFORD, Conn. -- Young women in need of formal dresses are invited to attend the "Promising Pickings" event at the Kids Helping Kids Handled with Care Boutique on Friday, April 11.
This event will feature gently-worn prom, homecoming, bat mitzvah, bridesmaid and other evening dresses, along with accessories and shoes that have been donated.
The event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Handled with Care Boutique inside the Yerwood Center, 90 Fairfield Ave. in Stamford. All girls are encouraged to pick out a dress and learn new makeup tips to use for formal events. Girls interested in attending should sign up at www1.mysignup.com/promising_pickings
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School