STAMFORD, Conn. – The Avon Theatre is presenting a showing of the 1946 film “Gilda” starring Rita Hayworth, which will be followed by a post-film Q&A with film noir maven Michael Kovner, on Tuesday, June 10, at 7:30 p.m.
Carte Blanche Members are admitted for free. Members tickets are $6, students and seniors are $8, nonmembers ticket price is $11. Call the Avon business office at 203-661-0321 or the box office at 203-967-3660, Ext. 2, for tickets.
Kovner is a longtime Greenwich resident and vice president and managing director with the real estate firm Brown Harris. He is passionate about cinema and an avid Avon supporter. His fascination with film noir began at a young age, starting with "The Maltese Falcon" and working up to "Psycho," which he first saw at the Avon.
For more information about the Avon Theatre visit www.avontheatre.org. The theater is located at 272 Bedford St.
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 4 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'
- 5 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose