STAMFORD, Conn. – The Avon Theatre is presenting a showing of the 1946 film “Gilda” starring Rita Hayworth, which will be followed by a post-film Q&A with film noir maven Michael Kovner, on Tuesday, June 10, at 7:30 p.m.
Carte Blanche Members are admitted for free. Members tickets are $6, students and seniors are $8, nonmembers ticket price is $11. Call the Avon business office at 203-661-0321 or the box office at 203-967-3660, Ext. 2, for tickets.
Kovner is a longtime Greenwich resident and vice president and managing director with the real estate firm Brown Harris. He is passionate about cinema and an avid Avon supporter. His fascination with film noir began at a young age, starting with "The Maltese Falcon" and working up to "Psycho," which he first saw at the Avon.
For more information about the Avon Theatre visit www.avontheatre.org. The theater is located at 272 Bedford St.
- 1 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan