STAMFORD, Conn. – The Stamford Employer Step Up Conference will be from 8-10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 24 at the University of Connecticut's Stamford campus' auditorium and multipurpose room.
Registration and light refreshments start at 7 a.m. The conference is designed exclusively for employers of any size, including small businesses, manufacturers, retail, nonprofit and faith-based organizations. In addition to scheduled presentations by state agencies and their workforce development partners, the conference includes booth exhibits to gather information, as well as opportunities to ask questions.
Participants will learn about:
- Wage reimbursement and training incentives.
- Low Interest financing under the Small Business Express Program.
- How to find and recruit new and qualified employees, including veterans.
- Tax incentives for equipment upgrades and job creation.
- How to become a State of Connecticut vendor.
- Free business plan and marketing analysis.
- Incumbent Worker Training programs to develop a workforce.
- How apprenticeship programs can assist the trades and manufacturing sectors.
The conference is free, but registration is required. Register online here by June 23.
The Stamford UConn campus is at One University Place, Stamford.