STAMFORD, Conn. -- Hundreds of people are expected to march through Stamford in May to raise funds for healthier and stronger babies.
The March of Dimes' annual March for Babies will kick off at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 3, at Commons Park at Harbor Point at 100 Washington Blvd. in Stamford. The annual fundraising walk helps fund programs to ensure babies have healthier starts.
Funds raised will help support prenatal wellness programs, research grants, neonatal intensive care unit family support programs and advocacy efforts for stronger, healthier babies.
The Stamford March for Babies is sponsored by Building and Land Technology and Connecticut Parent Magazine, and is supported by statewide sponsors, NBC Connecticut and Comcast.
March for Babies is sponsored nationally by corporate supporters Kmart, Macy’s, Famous Footwear, Cigna, Sanofi Pasteur, Mission Pharmacal and United Airlines.
To register to take part, visit the March For Babies Stamford webpage or the March of Dimes Connecticut website. Walkers who raise $200 or more will receive an event T-shirt and those raising $350 or more will have the choice of a Macy’s or Kmart gift card.
For more information, contact Laura Sinitsky at 203-692-5884 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report