FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CONN. -- Here are five of the biggest events coming up in Fairfield County.
1."Souvenir" at the Westport Community Theatre, Saturday, April 12.
Wealthy eccentric Florence Foster Jenkins suffered under the delusion that she was a great soprano – when she was, in fact, incapable of carrying a tune. Nevertheless, performs the ballroom of the Ritz Carlton hotel, and mobs of fans pack her recitals, stuffing handkerchiefs in their mouths to stifle their laughter. The wild ride culminates in a single concert at Carnegie Hall in 1944. $20. 110 Myrtle Ave.
2. Stamford Museum and Nature Center's Art of Bonsai Workshop and Exhibit: Friday, April 11, 1 to 4 p.m.; Saturday, April 12, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (special demo 2 to 4 p.m.); Sunday, April 13, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Yama Ki Bonsai Society of the Greater New York Area will present the third annual "Art of the Bonsai", a boutique exhibition of the ancient art of bonsai. Noted Bonsai artist John Romano will demonstrates the traditional shaping of a tree for bonsai on Saturday. Free. 39 Scofieldtown Road.
3. Linda Lavin, Tony Award winner and Emmy-nominated TV star and singer comes to Fairfield's Edgerton Center, Sunday, April 13 at 3 p.m.
Tony Award and Golden Globe winner Linda Lavin will give a live interview and question-and-answer session about theater and the arts at the Sacred Heart University's Edgerton Center.
4. Danny Paisley and The Southern Grass Concert at The Palace Danbury, Saturday, April 12 at 8 p.m.
Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass play powerful, All-American bluegrass music, all while telling compelling stories. A must for traditional music lovers. $25 to $30. 155 Main St.
5. Meet Legendary New York Mets Player "Doc" Gooden at the Ridgefield Playhouse, Thursday, April 10 at 7:30 p.m.
Dwight "Doc" Gooden will be sharing the most intimate moments of his successes and failures, from endless self-destructive drug binges to three World Series rings. $10. 80 East Ridge.
I’m sure we’ve left some big events out. Tell us where you’ll be heading and why.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director