STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Fairfield County chapter of the Organization of Chinese Americans welcomes in the Year of the Horse at its annual dinner dance at the Hilton Stamford Hotel on Saturday, Jan. 25, from 5 to 11 p.m.
This year’s celebration is especially important because the organization is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese community in Fairfield County.
The program features concert violinist Richard Lin, the 2013 winner of the Sendai International Violin Competition in Japan. He will be accompanied by concert pianist Xiaohui Yang.
Soprano Yvonne Cheng and the Organization of Chinese Americans Chorus will also sing a medley of songs and opera in Chinese, English and Italian.
A 10-course Chinese banquet is followed by raffles and
ballroom dancing. A Dragon Dance by children from the Chinese Language School of Fairfield County will also welcome the new year.
Person-to-Person, a volunteer driven, community-
supported agency is co-sponsoring the event. Guests are invited to bring one item of food or clothing to be donated to the organization.
For every item donated, the guest will receive a free raffle ticket to the drawing during the evening.
Tickets can be purchased here.
The Hilton is located at 1 First Stamford Place in Stamford.
- 1 Stamford High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best
- 2 Alarm Sends Stamford School Into Lockdown; Cops Call It False Alarm
- 3 North Stamford Man Charged With Robbing Teen At Knifepoint
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Stamford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely