STAMFORD, Conn. – “A Celebration of Beauty” will be held from 5 to 10 p.m. Saturday, July 26, at The Stamford Innovation Center, 175 Atlantic St., Stamford. The event is sponsored by Empowering through Beauty Expo, a Bridgeport organization.
Among the stars at the benefit, the first event of its kind this in Fairfield County, will be Kitt Shapiro, daughter of the late singer-actress Eartha Kitt, and Bernan Shaw, star of “Love in the City” on Oprah Winfrey Network.
A panel of local and national stars will speak to the audience, and there will be an awards ceremony, and fashion show. Professionals from the fashion and makeup industry will be on hand to perform the makeovers.
Funds raised at “A Celebration of Beauty” will benefit Empowering Through Beauty Inc., which was developed in 2010 to help disadvantaged females. Some proceeds will also go to The American Diabetes Association.
For more information go to the Empowering through Beauty Expo website.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border