DARIEN, Conn. -- Stamford author Maggie Gordon is coming to Darien's Barrett Bookstore on Saturday, May 3.
Gordon will speak about her new book, "The Gilded Age on Connecticut's Gold Coast: Transforming Greenwich, Stamford and Darien," at 6 p.m. at Barrett Bookstore at the Norton Heights Shopping Center at 314 Heights Road, Darien. The event is free and open to the public.
Gordon graduated from Syracuse University in 2008 with dual degrees in journalism and women's studies. Shortly after graduation, she moved to Fairfield County to work as a reporter at the Darien News, a weekly newspaper in Darien. Gordon covered everything from the school system to real estate and traffic before taking a job at the Stamford Advocate as the daily paper's education reporter. She worked as a schools reporter for a few years before launching the weekly feature "Trending with Maggie Gordon" in the Stamford Advocate, Connecticut Post, Danbury News-Times and Greenwich Time. In addition to "Trending," Gordon also covers real estate in Greenwich for the Greenwich Time.
The store asks that residents interested in attending the event to RSVP to Barrett Bookstore by calling 655- 2712 or emailing email@example.com.
- 1 Stamford High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best
- 2 Alarm Sends Stamford School Into Lockdown; Cops Call It False Alarm
- 3 North Stamford Man Charged With Robbing Teen At Knifepoint
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Stamford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely