STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Avon Theatre is set to present the documentary "The Square" in January.
The film will start at 7:30 p.m., Jan.9, and will be followed by a post-film Q&A with filmmaker Jehane Noujaim. The documentary is one of the 15 finalists for the Academy Awards.
According to a press release from the theater the film "follows a group of Egyptian revolutionaries as they battle leaders and regimes, risking their lives to build a society of conscience.
It covers the period "from the 2011 overthrow of a 30-year dictator, through military rule, and culminating with the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood president in the summer of 2013," according to the release.
'The Square' is an immersive experience, transporting the viewer deeply into the intense emotional
drama and personal stories behind the news," according to the release."
Tickets are free for Carte Blanche Members, $6 for members, $8 for students and seniors and $11 for non-members. Call the Avon business office at 203-661-0321 or the box office at 203-967-3660, ext. 2 for tickets.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station