STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's Avon Theatre is set to present the documentary "The Square" in January.
The film will start at 7:30 p.m., Jan.9, and will be followed by a post-film Q&A with filmmaker Jehane Noujaim. The documentary is one of the 15 finalists for the Academy Awards.
According to a press release from the theater the film "follows a group of Egyptian revolutionaries as they battle leaders and regimes, risking their lives to build a society of conscience.
It covers the period "from the 2011 overthrow of a 30-year dictator, through military rule, and culminating with the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood president in the summer of 2013," according to the release.
'The Square' is an immersive experience, transporting the viewer deeply into the intense emotional
drama and personal stories behind the news," according to the release."
Tickets are free for Carte Blanche Members, $6 for members, $8 for students and seniors and $11 for non-members. Call the Avon business office at 203-661-0321 or the box office at 203-967-3660, ext. 2 for tickets.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive