STAMFORD, Conn. — Award winning actor John Hawkes will meet with people in Stamford this Sunday at a screening of his movie “The Sessions.”
In “The Sessions” Hawkes portrays real-life poet Mark O’Brien, a man who uses an iron lung and is determined to lose his virginity, a release said. He won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for the role, the release said.
Hawkes is currently filming the “Untitled Elmore Leonard Project,” which shot in Stamford and Greenwich. He is also known for his roles in “American Gangster,” “Identity” and “Lincoln.”
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with the movie, followed by a question and answer session with Hawkes at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford St. Tickets are $6 for members, $11 for non-members and free for Carte Blanche members, the release said.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Stamford Skies Sunday
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95