STAMFORD, Conn. — Award winning actor John Hawkes will meet with people in Stamford this Sunday at a screening of his movie “The Sessions.”
In “The Sessions” Hawkes portrays real-life poet Mark O’Brien, a man who uses an iron lung and is determined to lose his virginity, a release said. He won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for the role, the release said.
Hawkes is currently filming the “Untitled Elmore Leonard Project,” which shot in Stamford and Greenwich. He is also known for his roles in “American Gangster,” “Identity” and “Lincoln.”
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with the movie, followed by a question and answer session with Hawkes at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford St. Tickets are $6 for members, $11 for non-members and free for Carte Blanche members, the release said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal