STAMFORD, Conn. — Award winning actor John Hawkes will meet with people in Stamford this Sunday at a screening of his movie “The Sessions.”
In “The Sessions” Hawkes portrays real-life poet Mark O’Brien, a man who uses an iron lung and is determined to lose his virginity, a release said. He won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for the role, the release said.
Hawkes is currently filming the “Untitled Elmore Leonard Project,” which shot in Stamford and Greenwich. He is also known for his roles in “American Gangster,” “Identity” and “Lincoln.”
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with the movie, followed by a question and answer session with Hawkes at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford St. Tickets are $6 for members, $11 for non-members and free for Carte Blanche members, the release said.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl