STAMFORD, Conn. — Award winning actor John Hawkes will meet with people in Stamford this Sunday at a screening of his movie “The Sessions.”
In “The Sessions” Hawkes portrays real-life poet Mark O’Brien, a man who uses an iron lung and is determined to lose his virginity, a release said. He won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for the role, the release said.
Hawkes is currently filming the “Untitled Elmore Leonard Project,” which shot in Stamford and Greenwich. He is also known for his roles in “American Gangster,” “Identity” and “Lincoln.”
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with the movie, followed by a question and answer session with Hawkes at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford St. Tickets are $6 for members, $11 for non-members and free for Carte Blanche members, the release said.
- 1 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station