STAMFORD, Conn. — Award winning actor John Hawkes will meet with people in Stamford this Sunday at a screening of his movie “The Sessions.”
In “The Sessions” Hawkes portrays real-life poet Mark O’Brien, a man who uses an iron lung and is determined to lose his virginity, a release said. He won the Independent Spirit Award for Best Actor and was nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Award for the role, the release said.
Hawkes is currently filming the “Untitled Elmore Leonard Project,” which shot in Stamford and Greenwich. He is also known for his roles in “American Gangster,” “Identity” and “Lincoln.”
The event will begin at 1:30 p.m. with the movie, followed by a question and answer session with Hawkes at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford St. Tickets are $6 for members, $11 for non-members and free for Carte Blanche members, the release said.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48