NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Shoppers looking for preppy clothing now have a new spot to check out in New Canaan as Vineyard Vines recently opened its doors.
Vineyard Vines was started by Greenwich brothers Shep and Ian Murray, when the two decided to quit their desk jobs in Manhattan to sell ties in 1998, the company website said. The brand has since expanded into more clothing and accessories and in 2005 opened up offices in Stamford as well as the first store on Martha’s Vineyard.
The New Canaan location is the third in the state with the other two in Westport and Greenwich. There are more than 20 across the nation. Vineyard Vines merchandise is also found in other retail stores.
Vineyard Vines welcomed the New Canaan store on Social Media:
“We are now open in New Canaan! Stop by our new store and say hello!” a Facebook post said on June 13.
“Important update: our stores are NOW OPEN in both New Canaan, Conn. and Dedham, Mass.! #whaleygoodnews #EDSFTG,” a Tweet from the retail chain on June 14,said. EDSFTG stands for the brand’s motto of ‘Every day should feel this good.’
Vineyard Vines is located at 67 Elm St., and can be contacted at 203-442-1348. You can also interact with the New Canaan store on Facebook.
Hours of operation are as follows: Mondays through Wednesdays and Fridays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting