STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford's World Wrestling Entertainment announced the appointment of Laura A. Brevetti as senior vice president, general counsel and secretary.
Brevetti will report directly to WWE's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Vince McMahon, according to a news release from the organization. The appointment was made because Brevetti "brings extensive legal and management experience to WWE and will be a key member of the senior executive team," according to the release.
As general counsel, Brevetti will oversee "the legal and business affairs of the company and serving as the principal legal adviser to the Chairman, CFO, and management team," according to the release.
"Brevetti is a highly accomplished attorney with 30 years of experience in federal and local government, as well as private practice," representatives said in the release. "A noted trial attorney, she has tried cases and arbitrations in both state and federal systems, holding positions that include the Attorney-in-Charge and Special Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, and the Assistant District Attorney for Kings County, New York. Most recently, Brevetti was in private practice with K&L Gates."
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday