STAMFORD, Conn. — Angelic Healthcare of Stamford is celebrating its first anniversary of providing home care and medical assistance to senior citizens.
“I saw the need for more caring aides, especially for people with dementia," Joy Keitt, founder of Angelic Healthcare, said in a news release. "A lot of people don’t understand that condition, and some people don’t have the patience and time to deal with it effectively.”
Her staff includes nursing assistants, registered nurses, and sitters who help not just dementia and Alzheimer’s patients but also the homebound, the release said. Angelic Healthcare offers such services as hygiene support, transportation, grocery shopping, and companionship, the release said.
Keitt, a native of Jamaica who has been in the United States for 12 years, has a degree and background in business as well as more than 12 years' experience in home healthcare, the release said. For the past six years she has also worked with Edgehill Senior Living Community as a private contractor, the release said.
“The difference between me and other companies is that I am hands on in my training and in the services I provide. I will go myself and work with clients for a day or two to see exactly what they need and then I know the right person to send to them,” she said in the release.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast