STAMFORD, Conn. -- Rumors and scuttlebutt continue to surround the future of UBS in Stamford, according to the Fairfield County Business Journal.
The Swiss banking giant originally moved from New York City into Stamford in 1997, but changes in technology and within the financial sector in general have changed the company's needs, FCBJ said.
The result in these shifts could have one of the largest employers and economic drivers in Stamford looking to return to Manhattan, FCBJ reported.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts