STAMFORD, CONN. – Herman Miller Inc., a Michigan-based manufacturing company, announced plans to acquire Design Within Reach Inc., a Stamford-based furniture retail and marketing company, for about $154 million, the Westchester County Business Journal reports.
The move would give Herman Miller an 80 percent ownership interest in Design Within Reach. The deal is scheduled to close July 28, the Business Journal said.
Design Within Reach CEO John Edelman and President John McPhee will continue leading the business within Herman Miller and report to Brian Walker, the CEO of Herman Miller, according to The Westchester County Business Journal.
To read the full article at the Westchester County Business Journal, click here.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow