STAMFORD, CONN. – Herman Miller Inc., a Michigan-based manufacturing company, announced plans to acquire Design Within Reach Inc., a Stamford-based furniture retail and marketing company, for about $154 million, the Westchester County Business Journal reports.
The move would give Herman Miller an 80 percent ownership interest in Design Within Reach. The deal is scheduled to close July 28, the Business Journal said.
Design Within Reach CEO John Edelman and President John McPhee will continue leading the business within Herman Miller and report to Brian Walker, the CEO of Herman Miller, according to The Westchester County Business Journal.
To read the full article at the Westchester County Business Journal, click here.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 5 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford