STAMFORD, CONN. – Herman Miller Inc., a Michigan-based manufacturing company, announced plans to acquire Design Within Reach Inc., a Stamford-based furniture retail and marketing company, for about $154 million, the Westchester County Business Journal reports.
The move would give Herman Miller an 80 percent ownership interest in Design Within Reach. The deal is scheduled to close July 28, the Business Journal said.
Design Within Reach CEO John Edelman and President John McPhee will continue leading the business within Herman Miller and report to Brian Walker, the CEO of Herman Miller, according to The Westchester County Business Journal.
To read the full article at the Westchester County Business Journal, click here.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director