STAMFORD, CONN. – Herman Miller Inc., a Michigan-based manufacturing company, announced plans to acquire Design Within Reach Inc., a Stamford-based furniture retail and marketing company, for about $154 million, the Westchester County Business Journal reports.
The move would give Herman Miller an 80 percent ownership interest in Design Within Reach. The deal is scheduled to close July 28, the Business Journal said.
Design Within Reach CEO John Edelman and President John McPhee will continue leading the business within Herman Miller and report to Brian Walker, the CEO of Herman Miller, according to The Westchester County Business Journal.
To read the full article at the Westchester County Business Journal, click here.
- 1 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Memorial Day Thunderstorm Chance, Enhanced Fire Risk In Fairfield
- 5 Updated Memorial Day Forecast Brings Good News For Fairfield